The San Francisco Paralegal Association will host its Annual Meeting on Friday, October 25, 2013 from 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM at the San Francisco Planning and Urban Research Association ("SPUR"), 654 Mission Street, 2nd Floor, San Francisco, CA.
This year's event includes 2 hours of Ethics MCLE and 2 hours of General MCLE. Breakfast and lunch also included. In addition to the MCLE credits, we will give a State of the Association update and vote on the 2014 Officers and Board of Directors.
The MCLE presentations are as follows:
1. Special Need Trusts - Dan Cutter, AVP of Merrill Lynch Fiduciary and Special Needs Group
2. The Ethics of Technology Assisted Review - Provided by RICOH Legal
3. ExamWorks - Dr. Michael Butler, Neurologist - Field of Neurology and how it relates to personal injury and worker's compensation.
4. Examworks - Dr. Michael Goldfield, Board Certified Psychiatrist - Patient/Doctor confidentiality in the medical/legal field.
We are currently in need of the following positions for 2014:
* Directors-At-Large - This position plays an integral role in the SFPA Board. We are looking for members who can bring their knowledge and experience to continue to help SFPA flourish. Directors must attend monthly Board of Directors meetings, vote on issues as they arise and be willing to assist the Officers as needed. Directors also play a key role in planning events, reaching goals and helping the organization to move forward.
* Corporate/IP Section Chair and Assistant Chair - The Section chairs are expected to set up MCLE presentations and have meetings a minimum of four times per year (quarterly). Candidates for these positions need to be self-starters who are able to coordinate these MCLE events. You will also need to attend monthly Board meetings to keep the Board apprised of what is happening with the Section.
* Real Estate Section Assistant Chair - See above.
* Professional Development Committee Assistant Chair - This position assists and co-chairs with the current Chair in order to help develop new program ideas, coordinate MCLE events, assist Section leaders and assist members with any professional questions or issues as they arise. Additionally, this position often assists the Board with events.
The SFPA Board of Directors is searching for candidates who are able and willing to commit to a full calendar year.
These positions must be filled by people who are willing to help the Association grow and thrive. The candidate MUST be willing to fulfill the duties required by the position.
If any of these positions interests you, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
by 10/18. Please also contact us if you want additional information or have questions.
We are looking forward to another great event this year and to a strong Board of Directors for 2014!